I have had enough people ask what I labeled my pantry bins that I thought it would be helpful if I just posted my bins and a list of the labels. Now keep in mind, everyone has a different assortment of pantry supplies and needs, so bin needs from one home to another home will vary. Here is the photo of the bins from our home pantry and the list of what they are labeled below.
- Childproofing (outlet plugs, cabinet catches, corner pads, etc.)
- Skewers (for grilling)
- Radar Detectors and Navigation (We use these in my older sports car that has none and take them when we go on vacation to use in rental cars)
- Party Silverware (This is the extra silverware we had when we combined homes when we got married- I kept the extras to use for larger parties)
- Matches and Lighters
- Cookie Cutters
- Kitchen Gloves
- Cake/Cookie Decorating
- Scotch Tape and Floral Tape
- Locks (Padlocks and luggage locks- I label them with masking tape with the combos for the next use, as I never remember)
- Labels and Tags (To label bins, etc.)
- First Aid (Band aids, gauze pads, ace bandages, Neosporin, etc.)
- Shoe Care (Shoe polish, extra laces, shoe polish clothes, white sneaker coloring, etc.)
- Wood Repair (Cabinet repair supplies, special markers to repair scratches, wood filler, etc.)
- 3M Hooks
- Tea Lights
- Zip Ties
- Light Up Ice Cubes (purchased these for a New Years party a while back and use them from time to time)
- Rit Dye (Important supply for dying things like Birthday dresses)
- Sewing Kit (I do have a rolling sewing cabinet and sewing machine- This is a simple kit I can easily grab for things like mending projects and sewing on buttons)
- Rope (This is smaller rope like twine and butcher’s twine- big rope is in the garage)
We have had some other bins in the pantry in the past, but it has changed as our home has grown in size and bins are in other rooms as well. Some of the bins that were previously in the pantry as well, include the following:
- Staplers and Staples
- Binder Clips and Paperclips
- Mini Notepads and Sticky Notes
- Note Cards/ Thank You Notes
- Extra Kitchen Sponges
- Brillo Pads
- Bug Spray
- Picture Hanging Kit (hammer, nails, and picture hanging hardware)
- Stain Remover Sticks and and Tide Pens
Good Luck in your organizing and have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. You can always re-label a bin and re-purpose it for another use if it isn’t working for you a few months or a year from now. Nothing is set in stone with organizing. It is a fluid, continuous process. The important thing is to establish a system of organization and build from that base.
I love the idea of the smaller bins! I have always used Ben’s but I use the larger ones and had too many various items in each. I think this will work much better. Did I miss it when you said where you purchased your labels from and is it a chalk pen that you wrote with? Do you erase it or put on a new label? Great ideas as usual!
Thank you Teresa! I got the chalk pens at Michaels (of course using the 40% off coupon I pulled up on my phone). I bought the labels at Micheals. The labels wipe clean with a wet cloth when using the Chalk markers. Hope this is helpful 🙂
Yes, thank you. Target only had nine small shoe box bins tonight however, I was able to get a rain check for more.
At least they gave you a rain check! I think some of the other blog readers had been there purchasing the bins this week! Several ladies told me they had been there picking up bins to start the “bin method” at their house ????